The legendary Hatfield spirit
Find out about our new film Once a Hatfielder, always a Hatfielder
Read more about the new film Once a Hatfielder, Always a Hatfielder!
Welcome new students
A special welcome to all new students starting at Hatfield College, Durham University.
The Hatfield Association is a community of thousands of Hatfielders, both past and present. Our membership spans nine decades, with alumni from the 1940s through to current-day students.
It was established in 1946 at a time when Hatfielders faced uncertainty due to plans to merge with Castle (perish the thought!). Since then, the Association has used the power of its community to enrich Hatfield students’ university experience and empower them to ‘be the best they can be’.
With the unofficial motto ‘Once a Hatfielder, Always a Hatfielder’, the Association captures the sense of belonging that’s at the heart of the legendary Hatfield Spirit.
What does the Hatfield Association do?
Our mission is to support the educational, career and personal development of Hatfielders during their degree, and help them maintain a strong relationship with College beyond their time in Durham.
We do this through a variety of events, communications and initiatives, working closely with the College and its three common rooms to support its education and welfare aims.
Below are just some of the activities the Association has supported or organised:
- SHAPED, a development programme that supports students prepare for their future careers via talks, events and workshops
- The White Lion Club, a network of HCBC alumni
- The ‘30 Years of Women at Hatfield’ celebrations in 2018
- Schools Outreach Workshops, offering career advice to students from a range of backgrounds and encouraging them to apply to Hatfield
- Tour of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for Association members, organised through a Hatfielder-turned-FCO-agency-CEO
Why join the Hatfield Association?
Joining the Hatfield Association officially makes you a life-long member of College – but there are plenty of other benefits too.
During your student years you’ll be able to:
- Seek career advice from the Lions Network, comprising alumni working in a variety of industries
- Meet and talk to former Hatfielders at Association-organised events in college
There’s plenty to take advantage of after graduation too, including:
- Three regular annual Association events in college – including a chance to return to college for formal!
- After Hours, an annual drinks evening in London where that allows alumni to catch-up with friends and network with other Hatfielders
- Access to the Hatfield Record, a yearly publication on all-things Hatfield
- The opportunity to ‘give back’ to current and future Hatfielders by getting involved in Association initiatives
Hatfield Association membership
A small one-off payment gives lifetime membership of the Hatfield Association – based on average life expectancy that’s just 36p a year!
If you did not join the Hatfield Association when you were a student at Hatfield College, you can still join retrospectively – get in touch for more information.
Already a member of the Hatfield Association? Register here for access to the restricted areas of this website to read the Hatfield Record, receive updates about our work and invitations to events.
Follow us on social media
We are @HatfieldAlumni across social media. Follow us to keep in touch.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/hatfieldalumni
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hatfieldalumni
Twitter – https://twitter.com/hatfieldalumni